CCS Careers Contact Information
21111 Plummer Street
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Custom Control Sensors, LLC (CCS) is a global leader in the design, development, manufacturing and supply of pressure, temperature and liquid flow switches and sensors for the Aerospace, Defense and Industrial markets. Since 1957, CCS has been providing high reliability electro-mechanical devices that utilize the “DUAL-SNAP” action disc spring principle pioneered by Custom Control Sensors.
CCS’ Airborne Division provides standard and custom switches, sensors and transducers to the aerospace, defense, commercial aviation and government markets. CCS also supplies original PMA parts for various Boeing, Airbus and business aviation aircraft.
CCS’ Industrial Division provides pressure and temperature switches, sensors and transmitters for process control of global oil & gas, petro-chemical, power generation, steel manufacturing, tire manufacturing, automotive, medical and various other industrial equipment.
CCS is an ISO 9001-2008 and AS 9100 certified company.
Industrial Product certifications include UL, CSA, ATEX, EAC, CCC and IECEx.
CCS is a growth-orientated company focused on building an energetic and vibrant work environment. We work to foster the interaction and collaboration between all associates at CCS, the connection with our customers and the opportunity for creativity. CCS is an established company with global resources offering individual opportunities to affect positive change. One person can make a great impact on our company’s success.
SWISS/TURN-MILL CNC PROGRAMMER
Job Title: Swiss/Turn-Mill CNC Programmer
Company: Custom Control Sensors, LLC
Location: Chatsworth, CA.
Employee Type: Full Time Non-Exempt
Job Type: Machine Shop
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Technical certificate from trade school/community colleges on CNC machining. And/or programming. Five or more years’ experience of Swiss and /or Turn-Mill programming using leading CAD/Cam system such as Part-Maker, Esprit, etc. Able to set-up and produce First Piece on Swiss and/or Turn-Mill lathes.
Date Effective: August 3, 2018
Job Description: The Swiss/Turn-Mill CNC Programmer will manage the CNC-program creation process for machine shop with expanding CNC Swiss late and Turn-mill lathes
- Interprets drawings, create new solid models (where necessary) to generate CNC programs for Swiss lathes and/or multi-axis Turn-Mill (double-turret, double-spindle) machines using CAD/CAM system (preferably Part-Maker, Esprit, etc.)
- Include proper methodology, tooling, cutting speeds and feeds in order to generate quality parts in accordance to product specifications.
- Set-up to produce First Piece on the Swiss/Turn-Mill machines. Studies and interprets drawings, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations, and set-up requirements to maximize efficiency.
- Creates set-up sheets (tool list, x-y-z home positions) and communicate with set-up machinists of the tooling requirements, fixtures, etc.
- Monitors and verifies the accuracy of each job’s initial set-up and final outcome.
- Revises, update, and maintain all programs and documents based on engineering changes or per process improvement projects dictate.
- Work with machine shop supervisor/manager on process improvements and cycle time reductions including testing of new cutting tools and new processes to balance main/sub cycle time.
- Communicates with set-up machinists and/or Machine Shop Supervisor/Manager regarding tooling/fixtures/material requirements for upcoming and/or existing jobs on the floor.
- Provides shop floor assistance with inspection methods, training on machines, machine alarms, and program issues.
- Communicates with the Quality Engineer to develop inspection methods, First Piece Inspections (FPI’s), and In-process inspection during production run.
Skills and Requirements:
- Applicant must be ITAR compliant.
- 5+ years of experience programming Swiss CNC Machines and/or Turn-Mill lathes (Tsugami, Star, and double-spindle + double-turret CNC machines) preferred.
- Deep understanding of machining fundamentals or formula correlation of machining parameters (i.e. SFM, RPM, IPR, IPT, etc.) on cutting tool, work-piece materials, etc.
- Knowledge of newer Fanuc controls (18i, 31i), including Tsugami machines (S-series, B0-series,) multi-axis turn-mill centers and ability to learn and adapt to ever changing technology
- Knowledge of measuring equipment and the application of such instruments, including but not limited to calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, indicators, comparators.
- Deep understanding of mechanical drawings and specifications and ability to interpret geometric tolerances and dimensions call-outs on drawings.
- Detailed knowledge of programming segments and corresponding operations.
- Working knowledge of various tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars and inserts used on various machines
- Knowledge and understanding of AS9100 quality system.
- Proficient level of Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel, etc).
- Familiar or working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand, use hands and fingers to flex and extend fingers with opposition of thumb-palmar grasp, to frequently walk, bend, stoop, reach, turn, twist, push, pull and to occasionally crouch or kneel. Talk or hear, and to move within the areas of the facilities and parking lots. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or carry objects or loads under 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus. An annual eye exam may be required.
“Custom Control Sensors, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law”.