CCS Careers Contact Information
Paula Brough, SHRM-CP
21111 Plummer Street
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Custom Control Sensors, LLC (CCS) is a global leader in the design, development, manufacturing and supply of pressure, temperature and liquid flow switches and sensors for the Aerospace, Defense and Industrial markets. Since 1957, CCS has been providing high reliability electro-mechanical devices that utilize the “DUAL-SNAP” action disc spring principle pioneered by Custom Control Sensors.
CCS’ Airborne Division provides standard and custom switches, sensors and transducers to the aerospace, defense, commercial aviation and government markets. CCS also supplies original PMA parts for various Boeing, Airbus and business aviation aircraft.
CCS’ Industrial Division provides pressure and temperature switches, sensors and transmitters for process control of global oil & gas, petro-chemical, power generation, steel manufacturing, tire manufacturing, automotive, medical and various other industrial equipment.
CCS is an ISO 9001-2008 and AS 9100 certified company.
Industrial Product certifications include UL, CSA, ATEX, EAC, CCC and IECEx.
CCS is a growth-orientated company focused on building an energetic and vibrant work environment. We work to foster the interaction and collaboration between all associates at CCS, the connection with our customers and the opportunity for creativity. CCS is an established company with global resources offering individual opportunities to affect positive change. One person can make a great impact on our company’s success.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER II
Job Title: Electrical Engineer II
Company: Custom Control Sensors, LLC
Location: Chatsworth, CA
Employee Type: Full Time Exempt
Job Type: Engineering
Education: Four Year BSEE Degree
Experience: Three to five years electronic product design and testing experience
Date Effective: 05/03/2018 Date Modified: 05/03/2018
The Electrical Engineer will perform a variety of design, test and engineering functions under general direction related to CCS’ pressure and temperature sensor products. Products include pressure transducers and transmitters utilizing silicone piezoresistive MEMS and Thin Film sensors for pressure applications; and wire wound RTD’s (Resistance Thermal Detectors) for temperature sensing applications.
- Perform sensor design, development and testing efforts under direction on a variety of projects;
- Review customer specifications and assist with technical proposals on new sensor applications;
- Sensor testing using a variety of pressure, temperature and electronic equipment;
- Calibration and temperature compensation of pressure sensors;
- Hands-on prototyping and testing of new designs to verify the operational performance;
- Documenting all electronic design and test activities;
- Prepare ATPs, QTPs, QTRs, reliability, maintainability and other documents as needed;
- Participate in customer design reviews;
- Interface with external hardware/software resources;
- Interface with CCS production to ensure products meet requirements and are testable during production;
- Create new processes and design practices to satisfy CCS continuous improvement objectives;
- Collaborate with peers, supervisors, and managers to improve efficiency and reduce component costs in development and production;
- Perform trouble shooting as necessary on faulty sensors
Skills and Requirements:
- Applicant must be ITAR compliant
- 4 year BSEE degree;
- 3-5 years relevant work experience;
- Embedded designs (microprocessor, RAM, EEPROM), analog circuit design (OP-Amps, Filters, SPICE simulation), power supplies, digital circuit design, signal conversion and filtering, signal quality analysis and frequency response.
- Must be proficient at Altium (Orcad, Dip trace or equivalent PCB design tools) and embedded software architecture.
- Knowledge of PCB design and experience with design software tools including layout of different layers, trace width, via, component packages, pad arrangements and surface mount technologies (SMT) is a plus.
- Experience with electronic test equipment such as: power supplies, multi-meters, dielectric, insulation resistance, etc.;
- Familiarity with electronic product design and EMI noise filtering circuit protection
- Experience with LABVIEW, MATLAB or similar test software;
- RTCA-DO 160 & 258 standards knowledge is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of business software – MS Project, Excel, Word and Power Point;
- Proficient knowledge of Quality Control processes and various stages of production process;
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and presenting product and service information to engineers, customers and operators;
- Ability to effectively work from written travelers, blueprints, schematics and quality reports;
- Ability to react to changes productively, and perform other essential tasks as assigned;
- Keep quality up to acceptable standards with little discrepant work;
- Perform tasks equal to or exceeding established standards;
- Effective time management skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Continuous improvement focus;
- Availability, flexibility, and maturity to represent the company;
- Conduct himself/herself in a business-like, and civil manner
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods in front of a computer as necessary;
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit, talk or hear, and flex and extend fingers with opposition of thumb; palm grasp. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, reach with hands and arms, and to move within all areas of the facilities and parking lots. The employees are occasionally required to bend, turn push, pull, and kneel. A computer is used to access, input, and retrieve data. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
“Custom Control Sensors, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law”.